Terms and conditions for firmware update rules
Last Updated :
These are the terms and conditions for the use of our VoIP endpoint firmware management and roll-out Please read carefully before proceeding:
- Zoom Phone is not responsible for any malfunctions or potential issues caused by the firmware customizations, or if the end-user does not follow the policies for Zoom Phone VoIP endpoint firmware management rules and requirements.
- Zoom Phone support/ engineering services will not provide support for end user(s) that use their own customize firmware(s).
- Zoom Phone VoIP endpoints’ auto-pulling policy will be applied to the new firmware management. All the automatic upgrades will occur during non-working hours to minimize disruption and to ensure the upgrade process is as resilient as possible.
- The end-user may elect to remain with or use the most previous certified firmware version. In such instances, Zoom Phone Support will provide the following services:
a. Syslog / debug log reviewing;
b. PCAP file reviewing;
c. Root configs checking.
- However, Zoom Phone does not guarantee the resolution of any problems or issues that might arise or have occurred on or as a result of the previous version.
- The end-user acknowledges and agrees that Zoom Phone must enforce the firmware upgrade if the current deployed version has issues/bugs relating to security vulnerabilities or impacting basic call functions.
- The timing and scope of firmware upgrades, including, without limitation, new feature releases, minor bug fixes, or major bug fixes, is highly varied. As a result, there is no fixed time period or set schedule for Zoom Phone to release new firmware.
- Zoom Phone will send an official release note via email to all the end-users whenever there’s a new firmware build available or there are any urgent critical fixes. All the release notes can also be found on the Zoom Phone support page.
Need some help from other Zoom users? Join the 70K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating with your peers and get answers to your questions.