Exporting Logs and Configuration Files for Polycom Phones
Last Updated :
Providing the support team with logs and/or configuration files can help them troubleshoot issues you may be having. You can download these files from the web interface and then send them to support for further analysis.
This article covers:
- Accessing the Phone's Web Interface
- Exporting Logs and Configuration Files Using the Phone's Web Interface
Accessing the Phone's Web Interface
Note: The screenshots in this section are from a VVX series phone, but the instructions also apply to SoundPoint and SoundStation phones.
- On your phone, press the Home button then select Settings.
- Navigate to Status > Network.
- Navigate to TCP/IP Parameters > IPv4 Addr and make note of the IP address.
- Open a web browser on a computer that's connected to the same network as the phone.
- Enter https:// followed by the phone's IP address.
Note: If your browser displays a security warning, add a security exception and continue.
- Log in to the web interface as an Admin.
Note: The default admin password is 456. If you do not know your username or password, contact the vendor of the phone. If you set the admin password globally, you can view the password in the Zoom web portal.
Exporting Logs and Configuration Files Using the Phone's Web Interface
- In the top menu bar, hover your mouse over the Diagnostics menu and click View & Download Logs.
- Click Export to download the log file.
- Move your cursor over the Utilities option and click Import & Export Configuration.
- Click the plus icon next to Export Configuration then click Export.
Note: For information setting up syslog, visit to Polycom support.
Need some help from other Zoom users? Join the 70K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating with your peers and get answers to your questions.