Testing computer or device audio for Zoom Phone
Last Updated :
Zoom Phone has an automated testing service that allows you to test your mic and speakers. You can access the testing service on the Zoom desktop client, mobile app, or provisioned desk phone.
- Zoom desktop client, mobile app, or a provisioned desk phone
Desktop client, mobile app, or desk phone
To test your speakers and mic, you can record audio and play it back.
- If you're using the Zoom desktop client or mobile app, sign in to Zoom, then click or tap Phone.
- Dial and call *8378.
- Speak into your mic. Zoom Phone will automatically play back the audio.
If you don't hear audio being played back, there could be issues with your connection, audio device, or desk phone.
If you are having issues with audio on a provisioned Polycom phone, there are additional built-in audio diagnostics that you can use. Visit the manufacturer's support site to learn more.
- Navigate to the audio diagnostics tool.
- VVX series: Navigate to Home > Settings > Status > Diagnostics > Test Hardware > Audio Diagnostics.
- SoundPoint IP series: Press Menu > Status > Diagnostics > Test Hardware > Audio Diagnostics.
- Tap Record to start recording audio and speak in to your handset or connected headset.
- Tap Stop to stop recording or wait for the phone to stop recording.
- Tap Play to play back the recording. If you don't hear the audio being played back, there could be issues with your connection or desk phone.
Need some help from other Zoom users? Join the 70K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating with your peers and get answers to your questions.