Getting started with Zoom Phone Hardware as a Service
Last Updated :
With Zoom Hardware as a Service (HaaS), you can deploy a world-class communications experience with a variety of subscription options for phone hardware. You can scale phones with budget-friendly hardware options and simple technology upgrades at an affordable, fixed monthly price.
Follow this guide if you're an admin that purchased HaaS devices and want to assign them to users. Phone users can also use this guide to sign in to a HaaS device and find more information about the device.
This article contains:
- Assigning a device to a phone user (admin)
- Signing in to a device's web interface (admin)
- Signing in to a device (phone users)
- General guides
- Troubleshooting guides
- Zoom Phone license
The following are Zoom Phone HaaS devices. Click the links to learn more about each product and view documentation:
|Poly||VX250, VVX350, VVX450, Trio 8500|
|Yealink||T53W, T54W, T58A, CP960|
Assigning a device to a phone user (admin)
After purchasing a Zoom Phone HaaS device, it will be automatically provisioned to the account. It will appear as an unassigned device in the web portal.
There are three ways to assign the device to a phone user:
- Assign a device to a phone user (one at a time)
- Batch edit phone users to assign multiple devices at a time
- Instruct a phone user to sign in to the device
- HaaS devices will use the default display name for desk phone (Desk Phone).
- HaaS devices will have a (HaaS) label after the display name for easy identification.
- If you have multiple sites, the devices will belong to the site they were shipped to.
- If the phone user belongs to a different site than the original site, the device will be moved to the same site as the phone user.
- You can't manually remove HaaS devices from the Zoom web portal.
Signing in to a device's web interface (admin)
Select advanced as the user name and enter the admin password set in the Zoom web portal.
Enter advanced as the user name and enter the admin password set in the Zoom web portal.
Signing in to a device (phone user)
You can sign in to a Zoom Phone HaaS device to assign it to yourself. This requires your extension number and voicemail PIN.
- You can find your extension number and voicemail PIN in the Zoom Phone welcome email or in your Zoom Phone settings (PIN Code setting). You can also ask your Zoom Phone admin for this information or to resend the welcome email.
- The default voicemail PIN is randomly generated. Make sure you change your voicemail PIN after activating your device.
- Connect the desk phone to an Ethernet connection using the provided Ethernet cable. If your network does not have power over Ethernet (PoE), connect and plug in the power adapter.
Your phone will automatically power up and download the latest firmware.
- Wait for your phone to boot up and display the home screen.
- Sign in using one of these methods:
- Press the Sign In on the phone's home screen.
- Dial and and call *90.
- Follow the audio prompts to enter your extension number and voicemail PIN.
- Change your voicemail PIN in your Zoom Phone settings. Look for the PIN Code setting.
To get acquainted with your new device, visit these resources:
- Quick start guide for Yealink T4 and T5 series phones
- Yealink support center
- Yealink documentation for phones
You can also visit the product page for your device.
If you’re experiencing issues with a device, visit these resources. Some troubleshooting steps require you to have admin access to the device.
Note: If you’re still experiencing issues with a HaaS device, please contact support.
Need some help from other Zoom users? Join the 70K+ other members in the Zoom Community! Login with your Zoom account credentials and start collaborating with your peers and get answers to your questions.